Florida State Park Camping:
The Perfect Answer
for Cheap Florida Vacations!
Florida State Park camping is an excellent way to experience the real Florida! The state of Florida has pleasant weather for most of the year, barring hurricanes and the occasional chilly evening.
Florida State Park camping is an excellent way to experience the real Florida!
The state of Florida has pleasant weather for most of the year, barring hurricanes and the occasional chilly evening.
It is the perfect environment for experiencing outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, and especially camping.
Though many visitors to Florida head straight to the amusement parks and typical Florida tourist attractions, camping in one of the Florida State Parks, is really a fun and economical way to take in a Florida vacation and experience the 'real' Florida! Even families that are on a tight budget, can experience the adventure and education of a real Florida beach camping trip!
Fantastic Family Adventures in Florida!
There are many great Florida state parks camping facilities to choose from, so no matter what part of the state you visit, you can find a campground that will be right for you and your family.
With so many things to do in Florida, you will enjoy the perfect affordable family beach vacation!
If you want to take in some of the theme park adventure on the side, there are camping facilities close to many of the attractions and theme parks, so you can camp, save money and still enjoy some of Florida’s most popular attractions!
Instead of spending an arm and a leg renting a condo or staying in a hotel room, you can set up a base at a nearby campground, for literally a fraction of the cost.
Most Florida State Park camping areas even feature many of the amenities found at hotels, such as swimming pools and game rooms. A Florida vacation doesn't need to be expensive, to be fun and memorable!
Families that are looking for a full-service campground will love many of the Florida state park camping facilities because they offer so much more than just a place to pitch a tent. Campgrounds are located on beaches and further inland, they offer accommodations for boats, and provide sites that are large enough for group camping adventures, so if you are traveling with a large family, a group of friends, you'll find the State Parks in Florida, suitable for your needs!
Another great advantage of camping in Florida, is that it's a great way to please everyone in your group. Many families visit Florida and find that long days at Disney World or any of the amusement parks, are too much for the youngest and oldest members of the family. The kids get cranky and the grandparents are exhausted by day’s end!
Families find they can afford to stay longer when camping in Florida, so the pressure isn't so great to do 'long' days at the theme parks, to get 'top value' on their vacation. Shorter time periods can be spent at the theme parks, and some relaxing time at the camp site, too.
When families choose camping for their vacation, everyone is happy, as it provides a variety of affordable activities as alternatives to the big, expensive theme parks, a spot for the adults to relax, and a change of scenery for the kids too. It will also save money on meals, by cooking over an open camp fire!
With such an ideal climate, plenty to see, and lots of family-friendly activities, Florida is the perfect vacation destination.
Camping on a Florida beach or a state park in Florida, has the potential for a great vacation that everyone will remember for a long time to come, as well as makes a great family trip affordable, no matter what their budget!
Top Spots for Florida Beach Camping
- Bahia Honda State Park, Big Pine Key, FL -- This Florida State Park is the most picturesque of all, for Florida beach camping. A perfect choice for beach lovers and snorkelers. A top Florida beach, and also one of the nation's finest.
- Long Key State Park - Long Key, FL -- Located on Florida's Atlantic coast, this is 'true beach camping'! There's sand, sand and more sand!
- Cayo Costa State Park - Boca Grande, FL -- If you want to camp in a remote location, Cayo Costa is a great choice. The only way to get there is by water, so that certainly cuts down on the likelihood of crowds.
- Fort Clinch State Park, Fernandina Beach, FL -- A very popular Florida State Park camping spot among outdoor adventurers, consistently booked for up to a year ahead!
- Grayton Beach State Park, Santa Rosa Beach, FL -- A Gulf coast park with beautiful huge sand dunes along the beach area. This campgrounds also has cabins available for rent for those who like the 'creature comforts of home'!
- Anastasia State Park - St. Augustine, FL -- On the Atlantic coast, this state park, features many species of Florida birds and animals. A very popular camping area.
- Sebastian Inlet State Park, Melbourne Beach, FL -- An Atlantic coast state park, near Melbourne and Vero Beach.A good choice for fishermen and surfers. Lots of wildlife and not uncommon to see nesting loggerhead turtles.
- Fort de Soto County Park, Tierra Verde, FL -- Located in the well-known, popular Pinellas area. The Pinellas are known for the richest natural habit, home to many species of birds, wild life, sea creatures and vegetation.
- T.H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park - Port St. Joe, FL - A beach lover's beach, near Tallahasee, home of hundreds of bird species, some rental cabins available as well as camp sites.
- Homosassa Springs State Park -- A Gulf of Mexico park This Florida State Park camping area is a winter vacation haven for many West Indian manatees, nature trails to see the plethora of wild life and birds. Lots to see and very educational.
For more information, park entrance fees, camping rates and reservations, for any of the Florida State Park camping areas, check out Reserve America.
Return from Florida State Park Camping to Florida National Parks
Return to Naples Florida Home Page