Your Flagler Beach Florida Guide!
Florida beaches are among the best beaches in the U.S. to visit and Flagler Beach Florida, is one
of those beaches that gives meaning to the term relaxed beach vacation!
Flagler offers miles and miles of wonderful pale pinky-peach coloured sand beaches, with a beautiful old charming pier!
The shores of
Flagler attract surfers from near and far, as Flagler Beach Florida is known to be one of the top Florida surfing beaches!
This area is a perfect choice for Florida family vacations, or couples and friends who love to enjoy
nature at the beach along with all the activities available!
Flagler Beach Florida is tucked in between St. Augustine to the north, and Daytona Beach to the south, along
Florida's east coast.
It's right on the Atlantic Ocean, along Ocean Shore Blvd. I-95 South
will take you right to this Florida East coast beach!
What We Like Best about Flagler Beach Florida!
Things to Do and See
- The Pier: great spot for fishing, sight-seeing, relaxing, photos, watching dolphins, whales, manatees and birds
- Rte A1A with stellar views of the ocean
- quiet, relaxed little Florida beach town
- many parks and lots of 'green space'
- can see the space launches from the beach area
- modestly priced lodging and restaurants
- lots of fun and inexpensive activities to do on a beach vacation in Flagler!
Hotels and Accommodation
- If you enjoy bicycling, bird watching, canoeing, tennis, surfing, fishing in both fresh and salt water, golf, hiking,
historical outings, kayaking, and tennis, you'll be set for fun at Flagler Beach!
- Biking. A really cool and fun thing to do at Flagler Beach, is cycle down one of the many biking trails.
There's plenty of bike rentals in the area..... a great family activity!
A couple of
trails worth mentioning are the A1A Scenic and Historic Coastal Byway. This trail goes parallel
to A1A and starts at Marineland. The next is the St. Joe Walkway at the Palm Coast Linear Park.
This two mile trail is the area between the Palm Coast Parkway.
The park features picnic table
shelters and amenities such as a concession stand and restrooms plus a playground that is safely
enclosed for children and even shuffleboard and bocce courts.
- Nature. If nature excites you, you'll love the 44 city, county and state parks and preserves in the area. There are over 200 species of birds to be found...truly a
bird watcher's paradise!
- Whale Watching. Annually, between December to March, 'Right Whales' make their long journey to the Flagler Beach area. These mammals find solitude in the area's waters, and give birth to their young, before continuing off to
feeding grounds further north.
It's possible to see these whales during their 'Florida beach vacation' too! Quite
a sight to see!
- If Florida beach camping is your style, Flagler County, has some gorgeous RV Parks and
campgrounds situated along the Atlantic Ocean shoreline, with the beach at your front door!
can be particularly appealing for families looking to save some money on their vacation. In fact, a camping vacation in Florida
has all the makings of the best family beach vacations!
- Golf. For the golf lover, there's a choice of ten golf courses in Flagler County alone.
Have you ever played 'oceanfront golf'? Talk about a golfer's
dream! Flagler Beach is the place to be if you're an avid golfer!
- Boat cruises. Available in the area, too.
- Wine Tasting. Do check out the Hammock Wine & Cheese Shoppe, which hosts a wine tasting every Friday, from 5-7pm!
There are a variety of Flagler Beach hotels
, beachside bed & breakfasts and vacation rentals galore!
There are some very good deals and Florida vacation packages to fit just about every
budget and wish list....from families, pet-owners, to couples seeking a romantic beach vacation!
Dining and Nightlife
There are many restaurants around Flagler Beach Florida
that offer ultra casual, come as you are, to dress up formal dining.
There are cafes, beachfront eateries, bistros, and fabulous steakhouses.....a cuisine to fit every taste!
Fresh seafood and locally grown fruits and vegetables are a culinary delight, served up in many of the Flagler restaurants!
If you are looking for some fun night-life, you'll have no trouble finding a place to relax with a cold beer or
sip away on a cocktail of your choice on an oceanfront deck, while listening to live music and simply dance the night away! Now THAT's sounds like a 'real Florida beach vacation'!
Flagler County Website, for more information to help plan your
a much deserved vacation at this charming Florida Beach!
Return from Flagler Beach Florida to Florida Beaches
Return from Flagler Beach to Naples Florida Home Page